A step by step guidelines for artist!
How to Make a Monster Painting:
To participate one must follow the submission criteria
1. Go to a thrift store.
2. Purchase a landscape painting or photo, or other type of painting that looks like it needs a monster in it. (The cheesier, the better. Google “monster landscapes” for inspiration.) You can also, use one you already own buried in you attic or garage or just take your parents wedding photo).
3. Add a monster or a few to your painting.
4. Submit the online form- https://forms.gle/Wzfjkpc2XSK2P86z7
5. Display your work. Drop it off at the Phoenix Brewing Company
5. Sell your work! The artist gets 90% minus sales tax and 10% goes to The Richland Community Development Group (RCDG) Art Sector to help with future projects.
Here is a a great site to give you an Idea https://weburbanist.com/2014/07/27/just-add-monsters-chris-mcmahons-modified-thrift-store-art/3/
All pieces must be framed and ready to hang.
Please use good taste, please don’t use derogatory images, The committee holds the right to deny a submission if it deemed offensive.
Please be conscious of the price point you are setting. We can help with suggestions, but think about if what you spent, how much time you spent creating, what you wish to get back. The breakdown is 90% to the artist minus taxes and 10% to RCDG Act Sector. You can also donate your painting so all proceeds go to RCDG or if it is sentimental or is already sold the other option is for display only/ Not For Sale (NFS).
This project is all about reusing and recycling, please follow this simple request. Find a painting at a garage sale, or Thrift store or the one in the den, basement or attic ( ask your Mom, before you just take it, Maybe redo a water color that your great aunt gave you). You may also donate your painting so the entire proceeds help build the RCDG Art Sector fund.
All paintings must be named (untitled doesn’t count as a name) your name and contact information must also accompany your entry.
Post your image Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/a_field_of_monsters/ .
Drop off your painting during the two drop off dates August 24 and 25th between at https://goo.gl/maps/fmhaLoANr3GkSFLf8